Editing or Deleting
So last night I was thinking about that rambling, useless post I made yesterday. (Yes I was thinking about online activities while at home without a computer. No I don’t want to discuss the mental illness this could be signaling…)I realized, if I was really bothered by this pointless, and honestly boring, post I made, I could simply get online this morning and edit or delete it. Nice, huh?
Well, I want to do that with my past “posts” in life. Can I go back to a day that was really awful, boring or pointless and just delete it from my mind. Perhaps, not delete, but just edit out the really painful or disturbing parts. Say something is an overall great day, i.e. my son’s baptism, but something terrible happened, i.e. big stupid fight with husband. Wouldn’t it be better just to go back and edit out that fight, so for the rest of my years I just have this glorious memory of one of the best days of my life? (Cause what is better than giving my child to the Lord?)
Then I think… but with out those bads, those suffering moments, I wouldn’t be me. I wouldn’t be here. And even though I am not sure where here is, or if I like it yet… I do think I am supposed to be here. If I only remember the good, then maybe that is bad.
So, I didn’t edit or delete the silly, rambling post… Instead, I just added this one ;)

2 Comments:
Let's just say there is a difference in letting go of past hurts, and wishing defining moments didn't happen. ;-) you know I had to comment.
Hi Dana,
While I wish you didn't have to go through some of the things you have been through, you wouldn't be the person you are today without all them.
It is often difficult to discern the providence of God, but I know He is leading you.
Just like He led you to post on something other than womens clothing sizes.
God Bless
Dan
Post a Comment
<< Home