My Friday Nursing Adventure
So I was out running errands with both little ones on Friday (my day off). It was just a bit before eleven and G, the baby, was getting fussy. I decided to pull into a Sonic Drive-In because they are GREAT for nursing. You can park under cover and away from the "crowd", order food for the tot and a drink for yourself, get the baby in the front seat with you and voile!, you have nursing!Well, except I was having one of "those" days.
I pull into the Sonic and order a kids meal for J, with a Limeade for me. I wrestel G out of her car seat in the back (a feat unto itself being as I am currently driving a two-door coupe) and let J come sit next to us in the passenger seat. I no more than get G latched on when I hear a man say: "Here is your, OH MY IT'S EATING!"
That's right! I get the one male car-hop in all of south-east Texas. And the poor man is so flustered! I reply something like "yes. she is." And ask if that's my kid's meal. He mumbles something about "it being hungry" as I hand him a five dollar bill and tell him to keep a dollar for himself. He says thank you and hands me back my "change." Poor, poor man. He handed me back the five dollar bill I handed him!!
I correct his mistake and he hands me some coins and as he is sprinting from the car calls over his shoulder: "Need anything else? Ketchup? No? Good! Thanks!"
Well, I still stand by my recomendation for Sonic being a good breastfeeding spot...

1 Comments:
Pfft, men!
I regularly nurse in restaurants, even while ordering my own food, and so far nobody's said anything.
So far.
Post a Comment
<< Home