Music
Listening to "Walking in Memphis" brings to mind happier days ~ vacation. Ahh, my old nemesis, memories! Why do you want to hurt me? What started this vendetta against me? Why won't you just let me be?Rain ~ rarely kind to me also ~ why must you team with memories and bring me to a different time? Who needs a time machine when it is raining? When the music is playing and the children are asleep ~ I need only close my eyes for a moment and when I open them, they are somehow filled with tears...
You may have already figured out ~ if not it will soon become evident ~ my life is very intwined by music and movies. Not intwined with ~ no, I don't make movies or music ~ I've never considered myself that artistic ~ but songs, stories, they seem to merge well with mt and take on pieces of my life. Nothing brings back a memory of a feeling better than music ~ and I seem to relate to movies maybe more than I should. I "feel" the movie more than watch it...
I have been told I do this to "escape" ~ trying to get out of my own life and misery, and taht maybe is part of it. BUT it also is, well I guess using the "prop" of th music or movies. They give me a reason to feel. I can rationalize getting emotional. It's just a reaction afterall...And reactions are normal, right? ;)
Or maybe I am just making excuses, because I have seen so many movies, and seem to know so many songs... but I enjoy them all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home