Just don't feel like it
I haven't posted much lately. I just can't put my current tormoil in words, and then get my fingers to pound them out...Breaking up is hard to do, and that is more than just a song title!
These days I don't feel like much at all, to be honest.
I don't feel like: changing diapers, reading the news, eating breakfast, driving home, talking on the phone, checking my email, or changing out of my pj's.
Do I do these things anyway? Yes. So since I can do the rest of this, I figured I could make myself post on this here blog. After all, isn't that why I started the silly thing? For some odd theraputic value?
On a totally unrelated topic... listening to the new Toby Keith CD (that I won :P)... and there's quite a few good break-up songs on it. Ya know the kind? The ones that help you "get over it". Then there is also a really good love song one there...
And I glance down at my daughter in her swing, also listening to Toby and think...
"How the hell could he? How does he give all this up for his own selfishness? How can one person be soooooooo self-centered????"
I really think G was meant to be a daddy's girl. But how does she do that when she'll only see him during 'visitation'? How will this effect her and J? Doesn't he worry about the 'them'? He says he does... but then what's he doing going out with the 'hers'?
I just don't feel like crying anymore... I guess the Toby CD wasn't so unrealated... there's a couple of lines in those break-up songs:
I'm a little too tired of just hangin' on
So I'm letting go while I'm still strong enough to
(a little too late)
You know a funny thing when you play her game
What you thought would change just stays the same
(i aint already there)
It's sad as it's true
But I can't believe a word that you say
I've been hopin' for the best
But there's less and less and more everyday
(too far this time)
You could tell me how it happened
Still I never understand why
(too far this time)
You can't blame no one else
You brought it all on yourself
Now it's gone
It's time to move on
(too far this time)
Ain't no right way to do the wrong thing
You can justify it's still black and white
Paint it any shade but it wont change
Ain't no right way to do the wrong thing
(aint no right way)
I took your leaving with a grain of salt
Tequilla and a slice of lime
(grain of salt)
Now I think I feel a like listening to those songs again...especially the last one ;)

3 Comments:
Here you come knockin' on my door
When you said you don't need me anymore
Do you really think I'm crazy enough
To go throwin' my good heart after bad love
Chorus:
What kind of fool do you think I am
I ain't fallin' for you all over again
I ain't playin' a game that I know I can't win
What kind of fool do you think I am
I was lost in your love and I got burned
You hurt me one time, I finally learned
So now that I know what your lovin' can do
Who do you think you're talkin' to
CHORUS
Falling in love with you just brought me sorrow
You'll leave me smilin' tonight, but cryin' tomorrow
So don't you come knockin' on my door
'Cause you know I don't need you anymore
Now do you really think I'm crazy enough
To go throwin' my good heart after bad love
CHORUS X2
What kind of fool do you think I am
oops that is a song by Lee Roy Parnell called
What kind of fool do you think I am
Though I'm not going through a breakup, I can relate to those unmotivated feelings... I dread mornings sometimes because the emptiness of my husband is felt so strongly right now.
Saying a special Ave for you tonight...
Blessings,
Ellie
(me3rd)
Post a Comment
<< Home