Pieces of a Post
A friend of mine was looking for advice for her teen-age daughter. This really got me thinking, and well I thought I would share here too.I didn't date much in high school. Mostly just a guy-friend to the banquets or movies with a group. Thought it was pretty much a waste of my valuable time. I always knew it would "just happen" for me. I’d meet a guy that was a great friend and one day lightening would strike and we would know.
I was 18 when I met D. We weren’t friends right off; I thought he was to egotistical. But we had all the same friends and soon became really good friends ourselves. One day, I was a month shy of 20, he just sort of started talking about how wonderful I was, and how he had never really realized what he was missing in all his relationships, but "IT" was there when he was with me...and I sure looked pretty today...he never wanted to say how pretty he thought I was sooner, because he valued our friendship...did I want to go back to his place, cause Chad was going to bed soon, but didn't I want to see that new movie he bought...
I was already so in love with him, this was the answer to my prayers right? I even let him talk me into sleeping with him…I mean, he had to truly love me, cause we were best friends right? GEEZ! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It meant he knew what I wanted to hear, and he knew I was good for HIM, but that didn't mean it was a real relationship.
D was, still is, my best friend too... I used to listen to him for hours about his girl problems. Eventually, it did seem D woke up and "realized" I was the one. Looking back, he just hit a "dry-spell" and Lord knows he cannot be alone. There I was waiting to love him and take care of him. So I did. I even forgave him for when he was "weak" and saw other girls. After all I knew him sooo well and knew he was sorry and really loved me, cause we were best friends... Basically, all this means is I should have known better, but I blinded by friendship and love. (And not blinded in the good way.)
I agree your husband should be your best friend, but that develops with the relationship...not the relationship developing from the friendship (ESPECIALLY if he is talking about other girls!!!).
Here I am, 10 years later, with a husband who can not stay faithful to save his soul, literally! Two little kids, and facing a divorce and starting all over. And I am not only loosing my husband and lover, but also my "best friend". And that may be the hardest part... the man I used to watch movies with and talk for hours about music or books... But I loose him because it was not solid to begin with. It never could have been... I was a fall back, a safety net for him. I still am! He never viewed me as the
"prize" he had attained. He didn't "get" me, I laid in wait for him. Next time, if there is one in God's plan, the man will have to come after me! Lesson learned.
So that's it... some of my story I promised earlier. This in itself, is not stranger than fiction... For
that you will have to await the details! ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home