My Story ~ part 1
from 7/29/2006I promised you one day to start filling in the pieces. So here I am starting. I was born… oh wait, that’s too far back ;)
How about I met my husband in college…seems traditional, huh? Well I have always thought myself pretty traditional. Now, that was well over ten years ago now. We weren’t fast friends… actually I thought he was quite a jerk from moment one:
Wavy lines depicting flashback…
First day of college. UGH! I knew no one in this silly acting class I am taking. But I am sitting next to a nice enough girl. We chat a few minutes before class starts. Then the instructor comes in. He announces that we are going to stand one by one and state our names, major, class level and high school. I am third! So much for nerves, this is an acting class right?
Me = “Hi, I’m ME and I am a freshman, undecided major. I went to SH High School.”
From the back of the class I hear, “Really? I went there and I don’t remember you!” Followed by the laughter of three guys.
I turn around to the back of the class and I see three guys sitting with their feet on chairs, leaning against the wall: A white guy with blond hair, combat boots and a black leather jacket, a Hispanic guy with the wildest hair I’d ever seen wearing a Beatles t-shirt and a large smirk giving himself away as the protestor, and the biggest black guy I’ve ever seen who is still chuckling in a golfer’s hat.
Me = “Really? That’s ok, because I don’t remember you either!”
:D At least the whole class laughed now.
Flashback over…
I quickly became fast friends with the other two, which meant spending time with the “jerk”. He turned out to just be full of himself, but when humbled he was actually quite humorus, entertaining and charming. It would be over a year before we started dating… and then I don’t even know what he would consider our first “official” date. We were friends, good friends. Those three guys, well they were the Rat Pack, and I was the official mascot. The little girl allowed in the hallowed mists. When D and I actually started to “hook up” we didn’t tell anyone. We thought it would (and did eventually) change our group, our whole world.
Fast forward a few years, it’s been off and on. I was madly in love, but wanted to be independent and not “needy” as I had seen too many girls my age be. So here the stage is set. He breaks my heart, I act like I don’t care. Our relationship is “no big deal” to me. Off and on… I’m there to take care of him in-between the other girls. I’m always there…just waiting.
One day my whole world changed. D was in Austin overnight for a shoot (working for a video company at the time) and I was home. He called me in the middle of the night to say that a woman had given him the key to her room. BUT he realized then that he didn’t want it… he didn’t ever again want anyone but me. And he wanted to propose when he got back the next day. Would I except? Would I be his wife? Oh Hell Yeah! That was one of the happiest phone calls I had ever had.
I guess this is an okay enough place to leave off for now… A happy, but VERY bitter memory. You’ll have to read more later to find out why.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home