Another Language Barrier
I realized this morning whilst chatting with my two and a half year old son over the phone, that I can more easily communicate with the baby-sitter!Seriously…we talked for 4 minutes and 26 seconds (gotta love cell phones) and the only words I understood were:
mama
dada
Blues Brothers
no
Apple Juice
It’s not that he can’t speak. It’s just that he is a mumbler and well, two! So speaking to him over the phone, when you can’t see what he is pointing to or looking at is like trying to decipher super-secret code in alien language that was recorded underwater.
There is also an interesting rant about modern society in here somewhere, I just know it. Maybe that my two year old has regular conversations with his four year old cousin on cell phones? To redeem myself, the children don’t have their own phones yet. But my sister and I let them talk to each other on our cells. Sad isn’t it? Where are the days of meeting at the grandparents every Sunday after church and banning the children to outside? That’s how I got to know my cousins ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home